If you want a safer night time driving, then you must install your own Driving Lights. They would enhance your forward and peripheral vision and at the same time would add value to your automobile. If you will add an extra set of more powerful lights in front of your car, then it would provide some additional lighting and your overall vision would be improved while driving in night.
One thing which you should know about off-road driving lights is that they are activated with a separate switch and are not directly linked with your high beams. They are used for off-road night driving and should not be used on the streets as they can blind the incoming drivers.
These quality driving lights are expensive and would cost in thousands. If you will hire a professional to install these lights, then it would rise up the expense. You must be thinking that it is a complicated process, but you can easily do it all by yourself. This task can be accomplished in no time by using some basic tools.
Which light should you choose?
A set of lights which has a widespread (flood) and at the same time a long pencil spot beam would be the best. Think about your usage and then you will be able to chose the right light. You need not worry as there are a number of brands in the market, so you can choose any one from them. One more thing which you can do is to search and study what off-road racing teams use. This way you will be assured that the lights which you are going to buy have been tested in the toughest conditions.
The driving lights are generally rated in watts or on power usage. The higher its wattage, the brighter would be the light. The three main types of driving lights are:
The light omitted from each of these is different from one another. The halogen lights are less expensive than the HID lights but the latter one would provide the brightest beam per watt of power.
What you will need
The first thing which you have to do now is to choose a suitable place on your automobile for installing these lights. Before starting with this project, you must contact your local road authority. The reason behind this is that some states have their own specific restrictions on where the lights can be mounted. You will have to buy a light- mounting bar, which would be attached to your existing front fender.
A lot of driving lights come in a kit which comprises of two lights, fitting hardware and the other one is a wiring loom. The lights which are the cheapest of all the three are the Halogen lights. The LED’s are generally more expensive than the halogen lights and come as one light bar. The most expensive of them all are the HID’s.
Here are some steps with the help of which you can mount your new driving lights:
Find a suitable switch on your dashboard where you can mount the switch.
Carefully mount the relay in your car engine bay closest to your car battery. Avoid the areas which would deal with a lot of exhaust or heat.
Carefully connect the ground wire from the relay which you have mounted to the chassis. Remove all the excess rust, paint and grime so that you can have a good connection.
Carefully run a wire from the relay to the driving lights and from the battery wire to the battery. It would be a fuse between the two.
Now just try out your car headlights, taillights, the driving lights and your normal high beams and also check if your dashboard switch is working properly or not.
Let your can lights shine brightly!
If you are willing to change your car parts all by yourself and want to buy new ones, then all you have to do is to visit our online auto parts store – https://partsavatar.ca/. We care for our customers and that’s why we offer the best quality of products at affordable prices.
Shopping for auto parts can be challenging because, no one brick ‘n’ mortar store can offer you the best deal on all automotive parts. But shopping online can often get you the quality at a price that’s unbeatable.
The following are some of best benefits you can derive from buying auto parts online.
1. It Highly Convenient: You simply don’t need to go out shopping for auto parts, no need to drive your car to a shop or shops, no queues, no waiting, no refueling, or so many things that can tire you unnecessarily. Just hop on in front of your system and you’ve reached the market.
2. Your Options Galore: At an online auto parts marketplace, there’s an abundance of suppliers offering millions of products. Hence the chances of your finding exactly what you’re looking for and of the quality you desire, are much higher. Compare this to a visit to a brick ‘n’ mortar auto parts store which can only house as much variety of products as the floor space warrants.
3. You Maintain Your Peace Of Mind: At a typical brick ‘n’ mortar store, some salespeople might seem to act pushy at times, and it can very disturbing. Online shopping saves you the trouble of dealing of such an undesirable experience.
4. Get Factual Information About Your Supplier: A trustworthy supplier isn’t only about impressive talking skills or frequent smiles. What you need to know is the background of the seller, and how much experience they have, or what do others who’ve bought from the seller say about him? Several online buying platforms are equipped with either systems to allow you to sift through the responses of other people. And/or they have some kind of a certification program, wherein those sellers who meet a specific quality criteria can be easily identified.
5. You Can Read Reviews: Reviews give you a clearer vision about the quality of products, what to look for? which products to avoid? etc. With online shops you have the option to surf through reviews of professionals, as well as read what customers who bought the products had to say.
6. The Markets Are Open 24 x 7 x 365 or 6!: You don’t need to figure out the working hours of any online store, or wait till they open, or hurry before they close. It’s just you and an online connection that you need. So if you’re one of those nocturnal beings then an online automotive parts store is just the right place for you.
7. Greater Reach – Distances Don’t Matter: Who said that the automobile industry was a local phenomenon? You can place an order from one part of the world to a seller located at the opposite end of the globe. This is a great facility, especially for business buyers, or who place orders in bulk. However, even consumers or “DIY buyers,” can search nationally or internationally for products they need.
8. A Chance To Buy Pennies On The Dollar: With so many competing sellers out there trying to get your attention with offers, discounts, etc, you as a customer, really are the “KING.” Needless to mention that you can zero in on some of the best deals around, within a short time. And that’s not all, as most of the time shipping is free, or costs very little.
9. It Saves Time: When you go out shopping it can eat into your time, and this can be frustrating especially on a weekend. On the other hand with online shopping you can search and purchase much faster, and you also get to spend more time with family ‘n’ friends.
With so many benefits of online shopping for auto parts, you might visit a real store as you might go for a picnic from time to time.
Its Monday again and the weekend is over. How was this weekend for you and did you drive a lot? Was it a smooth drive or you faced some problems with the brakes of your car. You must have felt the change if you have followed the DIY tips to change your car’s brake pads.
Brake system form an essential part of an automotive engine. Regular maintenance and check of car brakes is very important in order to ensure your safety on road. There are a number of problems that you might have faced with car brakes. Lets discuss some of the common ones.
Wear of the Brakes – One of the most common problem is the wear of car brakes. This is obvious and natural coz auto brakes are frequently used and do a lot of work. The brake pads of your car are consequently working hard as well. This leads to the wear of the brakes.
Squeaking or Grinding – Excessive usage of brake pads leads to their wearing down. You might notice brake problems like squealing or increased stopping distance. Most of the cars have brake pads with a thin metal tab. When you brake pads wears down, this tab vibrates against the rotor which might damage it.
Sounds of Wear Indicators – At times, the dust of brakes can be the reason behind some kind of sound or squeaking. This is a minor problem with the brake system and you can easy do without it by cleaning the dust. Using a brake cleaner spray is an easy way to do so.
Rotors Might Warp – Often, you yourself must have felt the problem of facing warped rotor or heard you neighbor facing this problem with his new car. Warping of rotor is a common problem which might happen because of overheating. The other reason for warped rotors can be incorrect tightening of the wheel.
Thin Rotor Wrap Easily – I have heard a number of car users facing warped rotors problem with their new cars. This is so because the new cars have thin rotors that get warped easily. This problem can be rectified by repairing the rotors or by replacing them. Please ensure that you consult an experienced car mechanic before doing so. It is also important that you should understand how brake system work.
Loose Lug Nuts After Repair – This is crucial and can be dangerous also. If you have got your car brakes repaired and the lug nuts are not tightened, it can damage your car brakes. Ensure that the nuts are tightened evenly so that the rotor doesn’t warp. It is important that the care repair mechanic uses a torque wrench.
These were some of the common problems that you often face with your car brakes. A little care and few preventive measures will help you avoid these problems easily. We’ll find out few preventive measures and DIY tips to keep the car brakes and the entire automotive brake system of our car functioning at its best.
I am Fred Clay, a journalist and an automotive industry expert. Automobiles, automotive parts & components and any & everything related to this industry interests me and is my passion. Over the past eight years, i have covered different automotive industry related news and have been writing on the same. As a professional I have reported on myriad topics, my favorite is the automobile industry. I also write for different web portals and websites. Amongst all, my favorite is Automotive Components & Parts that is an Automotive industry B2B marketplace. This portal – Automotive-online.com provides detailed information on industry overview, news, trends, professional associations, publications, tenders, product catalogs, international trade leads, trade events, worldwide manufacturers & suppliers related to global automotive components & parts industry
Are you a regular victim of broken automotive gaskets and seals? There can be a number of factors affecting your vehicle’s gaskets. Its is very important that these auto parts are immediately repaired or moreover should be replaced as soon as possible. But have you ever wondered, why do you have to face frequent problems related to automotive gaskets and seals? Lets find out some of the factors behind these problems.
Gaskets and seals do not match your vehicle’s specifications – Yes, it is crucial that the gaskets and seals that would be used as replacement are in sync with your vehicle’s specifications. You often don’t use the gaskets that do not match your car’s requirements. This leads to easy and faster damage of the gaskets and thereby problems in the functioning of the engine. Abide by the vehicles manufacturers manual.
No regular check up of the Gaskets – This, indeed is very important. You often ignore checking the auto gaskets and automotive seals that becomes a cause for breakdown of the vehicle. A proper check of the gaskets would definitely show signs of damage, if any.
Compression in Cylinder – The compression in cylinder makes a leak in the automotive gaskets and seals of the vehicle. In the present auto industry and with the modern vehicles engine, use of aluminum in cylinder is the main reason behind it, as it cause more stress due to greater thermal expansion rate.
Signs of the Damaged Head Gasket Problems
Compression leak between cylinders
Presence of hydrocarbon gases or carbon monoxide (CO2) in the expansion tank of cooling system
Oil mixed with coolant
Excessive coolant with no apparent cause
Blue exhaust smoke indicate oil-burning head gasket
Possible Consequences of Damaged Gaskets
Blown head gaskets can cause overheating or loss of lubrication
Increased engine wear
Damaged catalytic converter
Hydrolock can occur that leads to extensive engine damage
Excessive steam erupting from the tailpipe